If you’re like most homeowners, you probably don’t think about your water heater until it’s too late. And by then, it may be costing you more money in energy bills than it should. If you’re overdue for a water heater installation in San Diego, CA, here are five signs that it’s time to upgrade.
1) Your water is discolored or has an odor: rusty water is a common sign that your water heater needs to be replaced. If your water heater is more than 10 years old, it may not be able to produce enough hot water to meet your needs, which can result in rusty-looking water. Water with a foul odor could also mean that the anode rod needs to be replaced – something that should only be done by a professional.
2) You have to wait for hot water: if you have to wait for hot water before you can take a shower or run the dishwasher, chances are your current water heater isn’t up for the task anymore. A new model will ensure that you always have plenty of hot water on demand.
3) You’re constantly running out of hot water: again, this could be because your current model can’t keep up with demand. A new high-efficiency model can help solve this problem and save you money on your energy bill in the process.
4) Your energy bills are going up: if your energy bills have been creeping up lately and you can’t seem to figure out why it might be time to replace your old inefficient water heater with a newer model. By upgrading to a high-efficiency unit like an electric tankless water heater in Mira Mesa, CA, or surrounding areas, you could see significant savings on your monthly utility bills.
5) The age of your current unit: As we mentioned earlier, most experts recommend replacing a standard gas or electric storage tank-style water heater every 10 years – even sooner depending on how often the tank is drained (electric tanks need not be drained as often).
If any of these signs sound familiar, contact By The Book Plumbing today at 866-441-8511 for a free consultation about upgrading or new water heater installation in Temecula, CA, or surrounding areas! We look forward to helping you get the hot water your home needs.